I have recently become interested in photography and while Carolyn and I were in Idaho we found this really neat old camera at DI in Twin Falls. It is from the 1950s and shoots square pictures. Here is a photo of the actual camera:
We went to Liberty Park in 12 degree weather and took a few pictures:
I also took a few pictures of my Christmas dinner:
Portebello Steaks
Sweet Potato Mash
I've included my recipe for my sweet potato mash, click read more to see the recipe.
Peel 4 russet potatoes and1large sweet potato
Add potatoes and 3/4 cup Bulgar wheat to boiling water
Boil until soft
Drain potatoes
Add 1/4 stick of butter and chopped garlic to potato pot and cook garlic for a bit
Add back in potatoes/yam, a dollop of sour cream, generous amount of salt/pepper and enough milk to make things creamy
Mash a little and then add mixture to blender or food processor. Blend until super creamy. Sprinkle a little chopped parsley to finish.
The bulgary wheat is a great addition, bring more earthiness to the dish.






Andrew! That camera is so awesome. I love the shots you guys took. Thanks for posting them. Love it!
ReplyDelete-Amber
Brandon's dad took our wedding pictures on square film with an older camera. I love the aesthetic of a square picture.
ReplyDelete