Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pleyel

I heard this today and thought it was interesting so I thought I would share.
Pleyel is the oldest piano maker still in business and is also the only piano maker left in France. They haven't been able to compete with the China market with there mass production and cut rates so they started to make and and sell only upscale pianos. They also started to bring style into their pianos. The sell them up to $250000 and each one takes a year to build. I was intrigued by this story because the lady that told the story on the radio described one of the pianos that I had seen at a customers house. Here is a video to see some of there pianos and get a taste of their sound. This is their website but its all in french.

4 comments:

  1. Margot This is the piano we want to get you for your birthday, as soon as we sell the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that is why this was posted! I knew someone wanted to get it for my B-day!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.