I have to share a cute little story.
So you probably know Ty and I live with old people. Their names are Stan and Leola. Ty and I decided that we wanted to pay off all debt and live debt free. We prayed about finding a cheap place to live. I called my old relief society president and asked her if there was anything in our old ward boundries for rent. I wasn't sure if the relief society president would even remember us since we only lived in the ward six months about two years ago. She couldn't believe I was calling her because she had heard of a situation about an elderly couple that wanted a young couple to live in their basement for free, just the day before I called. She said she had thought of Ty and I but didn't know how to get in contact with us. Long story short. We met with the family. Realized they were the nicest people we'd ever met, and decided to move in!
Well, we've been there since August and have been able to pay off so many things. Everything has been going okay. It's not easy living with someone else but it's been pretty good. Last week Stan stopped me walking out the door and said, "Raney, I saw that some of your mail said Glassett on it. Do you know Joleen and Joseph?" I told him they are my grandparents. He was so excited by this news, and still is! He tells everyone that comes over to the house about this and now this is a daily conversation for us. Stan and Leola knew Grampa and Gramdma Glassett very well. Infact, Leola and Grandma were BEST FRIENDS throughout their entire childhood and teenage years! They were inseparable. Everyday I get to here stories about the two of them. They liked to wear matching dresses and shoes to school. Great Grandpa Ames drove Stan and Leola to school everyday. Nyla, Grandma Glassett's sister would play tennis with Stan and Leola because Grandma didn't like to play.
Anyways, I have lots more stories and I get to hear them everyday. It's been really neat to get to know them better through Stan and Leola. Last night Stan got out all of his high school yearbooks. I saw all of Grandma's school pictures and a really cute picture of Stan, Leola, and Grandma sitting on the front steps of the High School talking. Stan told me he thought Grandpa and Grandma were very wonderful people.
Last weekend we did yardwork with all of Stan and Leola's children. After talking to them about the neat coincidence, one of them said, "now you get your grandma back!" I can't wait to hear more stories and I'll make sure to share them with all of you!
Very neat! I am excited to hear more stories as well. Can you copy the pics in the year book and post them?
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool. You should record some stories- this is especially cool for you because you have no memories of them. A professor of mine at BYU lived across the street from Grandma and Grandpa. I didn't get many stories out of him though. He just told me how Mark and Kelly were noisy teenagers.
ReplyDeleteI'll try to get these pictures scanned and posted. Last night Stan got out Grandpa Glassett's college yearbook. Grandpa was very handsome! I had never seen a picture of him young before but as soon as I saw his face I new he was a Glassett. He looked very familiar. Like some of our cousins. Did you know Grandpa was in the fraternity Phi Eta Sigma- The National Scholastic Fraternity with Russell M Nelson? There were only 9 people in the Frat so I'm sure he knew Russell M Nelson pretty well!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is WOW! This is a tender mercy. . . . for you and all of our family. I can't wait to see pics. and hear more!
ReplyDelete