Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taste of Wyoming

Howdy City Slickers!
Ty and I are loving Wyoming. Well strongly "liking". Not sure if it is ever appropriate to LOVE Wyoming. I still haven't figured out why anyone chooses to live here. Here are some of our happenings...

I found a job! I've been unemployed for over a month and a half and it has been FABULOUS! Never did I imagine myself, the busy body, saying that. I've been entertained by cooking, sewing, reading, attending classes at the gym and exploring this little town. I'm going to be doing Home Health and probably start next week sometime. My break will be over.

Ty loves his program and is working very hard. We haven't heard where we will be moving in August yet. We'll keep you posted.

I've been traveling to Cheyenne to spend time with Brittany. Most of you should remember her. My best friend from kindergarten on up. It's nice having her only 40 minutes away.

We got to go on a temple trip with our ward to the Denver temple, about two and a half hours away. We had a great time. We were the only people from our ward to show up! It was a very small temple. It's always neat that no matter what temple you go to, the people are always so nice! The weather was great and we had a lot of fun in Denver. The shopping was incredible there! We especially liked Crate and Barrel and The Container Store. It felt nice to be among large amounts of people again. 

I laughed really hard when we drove into town our first time and I saw this gas station called the Loaf 'N Jug. "We be headin' down to the Loaf 'N Jug to pick us up some ho ho's for tonight's jackalope hunt!" Come to find out, it's a chain and there are Loaf 'N Jugs throughout the whole state!
There are foxes everywhere here! This little fox family lives about two blocks away. We love watching them. At dusk, you'll see them all out running around looking for dinner.
Ty complained that the whole wheat bread I make is too small. He has to make two sandwiches to equal a normal sized sandwich. I attempted to make LARGE loaves of bread and this is what happened. Mary, my bread turns out a lot better ever since you gave me your wheat grinder. Fresh wheat makes the bread extra fluffy, so thanks! Katie, I tried a different recipe you gave me. The one with milk and eggs. I like the quick recipe better. 

If any of my nieces and nephews would like to practice their penmanship and write me a letter, I would LOVE it and I promise to write back to each and every one. Text me and I'll text you my address. Mom has it also. I'd post it on here but I don't want and creepers knockin' at my door.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer! I love and miss each of you!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a job, but sad your break is over.

    That bread is awesome.

    I want to run a marathon with you someday, I decided.

    Love You!
    -Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread made Emma giggle! Maybe you should take it down to the "Loaf 'N Jug" and see if they want it! I will have my kids get out their pencils and send ya some mail. Love & hugs- KT

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.