That is a good question...He has only been playing a year and a half, so possibly not. But he did spend six months in Japan focusing only on flute. I do have a flute album from his teacher and does microtonal stuff...but it is very understated.
I think of them as minor pentatonic, although I don't know how they think of them in Japanese Music theory. do, re, mi flat, sol, la flat- or in the key of C: C, D, E flat, G, A flat.
Sakura. Cherry Blossoms. Is it a stylistic thing to fall off the pitches on long notes? Love those scales.
ReplyDeleteThat is a good question...He has only been playing a year and a half, so possibly not. But he did spend six months in Japan focusing only on flute. I do have a flute album from his teacher and does microtonal stuff...but it is very understated.
ReplyDeleteWhat are those scales?
I think of them as minor pentatonic, although I don't know how they think of them in Japanese Music theory. do, re, mi flat, sol, la flat- or in the key of C: C, D, E flat, G, A flat.
ReplyDelete