OK, so Ty was the closest to getting all of the answers right of the places we went a few weeks ago. Congratulations Ty, there are cookies in your future. I'll have to find out what kind is your favorite! Here are the answers, I know the rest of you are just dying to know.
1. The set for Gunsmoke is in Kanab, UT. Several other westerns were shot there including a childhood favorite, "The Apple Dumpling Gang." We camped in Kanab during our whole trip.
2.
If you go there, make sure you do the Emerald Pools hike and go all the way to the top. There is a big pool at the end and that cold water felt really good to wade in after hiking up to it.
3.
This was not too far out of Kanab. The kids had a great time sliding down the dunes.
4.
The Grand Canyon was another place we visited and hiked. Do any of you remember going there when we were kids? I don't know how old I was, but I know we went. But we went to the South Rim instead of the North. I guess the North Rim only gets about 15 percent of the total visitors to the Grand Canyon.
5.
Last, was Bryce Canyon. We forgot to take our picture by the sign! We hiked from Sunrise Point to Sunset Point. It was really amazing. This was most everyone's favorite place we visited. There is so much to see in Utah! The kiddos have had enough hiking for awhile though, especially the younger two!
So if there is a reward then it should have been mentioned in the original post as I would have put more time and effort into it if I had known cookies were on the line here. The rule book clearly states that a prize has to be mentioned when playing said game. So because you didn't mentioned the prize, I therefore declare a forfeit and I am also due cookies since I played the game and did get one of the answers correct.
ReplyDeleteanything with chocolate chips in it.
Forfeit!?! No way, last time I checked you only forfeited when you didn't show up, and from what I can tell I'm the only one who DID show up for this game! Boo-yah!
ReplyDeleteTherefore, since I answered the most questions correctly, I will humbly accept the whole wheat chocolate chip cookies and let Lewis lick the plate. Sounds fair to me!
-Ty (The only one willing to play the entire game rather than bowing out after guessing the easiest picture of the bunch... Man I miss trash talking!)
Whoa Whoa Whoa! We are suppose to be family here. Family's don't trash talk each other. I will only forgive you if you surrender the cookies.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are funny! Lew, no need to be L.W. about this. I thought you'd figured out by now that with me, cookies are always involved! Don't fret, your birthday is coming up, we'll see what we can do!
ReplyDelete