Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Readers Digest of GFR


Lewis family was only able to stay for GFR Sunday night and Monday. We didn't really take any pics on Sunday. We had a really fun time swimming with Margot and her family Sunday night. They had visited Cascade Falls the day before, so we gave it a whirl on Monday morning.

Twisty tree branches
Lew is singing the kids a lullaby.
Lew jumped the fence and dunked his head into the ice cold waterfall...
This is the end of the hike to cascade falls.
We then dipped our legs in Navajo Lake. The water was crystal clear and pretty warm. The water from this lake trickles out from the bottom of the lake and makes Cascade Falls. We all wanted to stay there for a few more hours. I think there will be a camping trip there in the future...
This is Zane flying a kite from Uncle Joey (thank you Joey) at the picnic.
Volley ball with Margot, Raney, Katie and Ty.
Volleyball lessons...
Oh, the things parents do to please the kids...
I know Brandon is tall, but it looks like he is growing and Larry is, well, um....
Our rental car with the family motto

Zane's facial hair.
Ruby's facial hair
I know I have been in the family for a little while, but I still get the uncles confused. This is my guess starting from the left. Tim (Janet), Carol Sue (Locke), Joel (Becky), Roger (Denise), Mark (Bobbie), Kelly (I can't remember his wife's name, and Lew is asleep from pain killers so I can't ask him), and Grandpa Larry (Grandma Jo). Did I get it right?
We had a really, really great time, and we wish we could spend more time with everyone. We got home around 1:30 am. Lew went to work the next day, and on his last job he sliced his finger open. He didn't want to get stitches, but the tendon was showing. The doctor gave him 3 stitches and said he is not allowed to do the dishes for at least 10 years. He is very swollen today, but it will feel better when it stops hurting. wink, wink!
Love to all,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.