So after reading some of margot's poems I thought I would give it a try. I knew I couldn't be as eloquent but hoped I could bring teh funny, however after reading the poem it neither eloquent or funny.
She was there
To stop Andrew from running the wrong way under a hose rainbow while breaking her nose
She was there
To chase me around the kitchen as I feared for my life
She was there
To cut the kitchen knife drawers with a knife and blame it on me before I was even awake
She was there
To throw a blanket over me with her friends and tell me it was hot, cold, and then very hot as her friends pointed and laughed as they removed the blanket.
She was there
To save a drowning Margot in a vacation swimming pool.
She was there
To make a gum collection on the wall in her bedroom.
She was there
To face struggles no one could understand.
She was there
To give me a place to live when I had no direction in life.
She was there
To send money when there was none for formula and diapers.
She was there
With a smile and a cute little laugh to lift everyone’s spirit.
Happy Birthday Mary!!
Thanks Lew. That was super sweet. It made me shed a few tears!
ReplyDeleteGood job Lew. That gum collection was amazing! And I'm glad she saved my life.
ReplyDelete