Saturday, September 25, 2010

Poor Baby



Beckett has had ear infections the last few weeks. After being on an antibiotic for six days and having a fever for four days, I took him in again where the Dr. prescribed another antibiotic. He had an allergic reaction to that new drug and the reaction kept getting worse, even with Benadryl, so the Dr. put him on a steroid. He has been really grumpy for eight days now, and it breaks my heart because he has a very patient personality and never cries unless he really is in pain. I'm hoping it will all go back to normal soon. Next time, I ordering a baby that isn't allergic to anything! Reactions freak me out.

3 comments:

  1. Poor kid! Was it Sulfa? I am allergic to that one. Does that kid need some tubes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Becks. I am allergic to Sulfa too Lew! I hope he feels better soon. See ya Wednesday, Emma has really been missing Beckett!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is his first ear infection, so we haven't considered tubes. Our insurance ends on the 30th so I hope he doesn't need them.
    It wasn't sulfa, but I'm allergic to it too. I think we had this discussion once and all of us are.
    The dr. says it is likely that he will grow out of this allergy cause he is so young- but it sure has been bad- I'm hoping we won't have to try it again any time soon. I'm ready for some sleep! The steroids keep him up at night. Booo. . .

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.