When I was a kid, Mom would sometimes tell me that there were yellow sweaters on my teeth- i.e. your teeth need brushed. Did she tell anyone else this or maybe I was the only one who had trouble remembering to brush. Anyway, I now use this saying with my own kids telling them that they'd better go brush their teeth because they are starting to grow "yellow sweaters". The other day Aubrey came to me and flashed a big smile and said, "Mom, do I have any yarn balls on my teeth?" "What?" I replied. She said, "You know yarn balls, do I need to brush my teeth?" She was meaning yellow sweaters, I laughed so hard. And now I tell her to go brush the yarn balls off her teeth. I hope that made you laugh or at least smile.
Now for the not so funny. Emma has been dealing with what our pediatrician is terming as "abdominal migraines" for the past little while. When it first started I thought she had food poisoning or the stomach flu or even appendicitis as some of the symptoms are similar- severe abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. Then it has kept happening, 5 times in the past 7 months. She is better the next day just wiped out. It usually happens at night, all night, though yesterday's episode started at 4am and went on all day until midnight last night. Stress is a common trigger, even good stress. One time it happened the night she had just had her birthday party. So if you wouldn't mind keeping her in your prayers for the next little while so maybe we can figure out what is triggering this and how to best help her, we would appreciate it. I would much rather have a regular migraine than one of these that she is having and several of you know that regular migraines are no picnic.
Love you all,
KT
Sorry to hear about Emma's migraines. From what I have read they seem to be related to regular migraines. I'm not sure if you remember, but I had many migraines when I was younger. They happened a lot on Sunday (apparently church made me feel stressed out haha) but it was probably fish or some other food that we ate regularly on Sunday that was triggering them. I remember having headaches and migraines consistently until I was 13 or 14.
ReplyDelete