Friday, July 25, 2014

We made the hike up timpanogas. I figured we probably wouldn't make it since ruby wasn't making the quarter mile hikes we had been going on. We got a late start so Amber could put on her makeup (rolleyes) and had planned to stay the whole night. Amber had the pack with the tent and sleeping bags, I had the food and clothes and koko carried the water. Koko over heated at about mile 3 and her legs began to give out so we dropped off some water and I carried the rest. Luckily we found some snow for her to chill out on. After the snow break we headed up the hill. Took us 4 hours to get to camp. We set up camp amongst the mosquitos and found a stream to get some water. I carry an emergency water filter straw which was good since we drank all 14 bottles of water on the way up due to the heat. We filtered 7 bottles and headed to the timp saddle where we saw life flight rescuing a boy that had fallen and severely cut his leg. It started to sprinkle which brought some much needed relief from the heat. We made it to the saddle where I raised my arms and yelled the loudest YEAH! I think I ever yelled. I have wanted to get my family up there for 3 years. Seeing my kids reach deep down and muster up strength they didn't know they had and being able to get there myself with the troubles I been having brought some of the most joy I have felt. We monitored my heart the whole way pushing it to the limit most of the way. We took some pictures and headed back down the hill enjoying the beautiful flowers after the rain. We were met at camp by more mosquitos, the most I have ever seen ( including Alaska). I got thirty bites on just my shoulders through my clothes. We decided due to the heat and mosquitos we were out of there. We made it back to the car just as it got dark, everyone was very tired after the 14 miles and 12 hours of hiking, even my tough wife after carrying that heavy pack.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.