This past weekend I got to run away for the weekend and visit the San Rafael Swell. It is east of Castle Dale just south of price. I froze my butt off sleeping in the 13 degree snowy nights but it was worth it. I went with a group from Wasatch Cruisers. The first night we stayed at The Wedge and the second night at Swazey's cabin. The place is full of history and neat things to see. I got to experience petroglyphs and pictographs for the first time as well as seeing wild horses. The scenery was amazing and I need to get back there to see the dinosaur tracks in the sandstone. We also visited the MK tunnels which has sadly enough has enough grafitti to be rated X as warning.
The Crew
Signature of Matt Warner who was an outlaw that ran with Butch Cassidy
Overlook near the lucky strike mine
Petroglyphs
The Wedge
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.